With the overwhelming response to the District’s plea for lifeguards,
the District is EXCITED to begin planning for
the OPENING DATE of the SWIM POOL SEASON IN JULY!!
The renovated, naturally heated, Dunsmuir Community Pool is the largest swimming pool in Siskiyou County. At 75 feet x 150 feet, it provides ample room for kids to play and adults to swim.
In addition, the pool hosts swim lessons, adult water aerobics classes, and adult lap swim are during periods when the pool is closed for regular swim activities.
The pool may also be rented for private parties and events for a very moderate fee.
The pool is open from June to late August.
Dunsmuir Community Pool facilities include:
- ADA compliant changing rooms and restrooms
- Wheelchair and tiny tot ramp into the pool
- Shaded relaxation area that serves as a comfortable place for parents to watch their children
- Trained and certified lifeguards
- Office for storing clothing
- Diving board
Check back in the spring for schedules.
For information about using the Dunsmuir City Pool,
Or contact the District Administrator, Mike Rodriguez,
at the Mt. Shasta District Office at (530) 926.2494
Identify the call is for the Dunsmuir Park, and ask for Mike.